2:42 (based on Acts 2:43) Small Groups ministry is at the heart of Central’s vision, and the primary way we ensure people are getting plugged into community and building relationships. These groups center on studying the Word of God and the teachings of Jesus while discussing how to apply these teachings in our daily lives. Through Bible study, fellowship and prayer, we learn together, grow together and meet needs. Groups meet in homes throughout our community on various nights of the week to accommodate a variety of schedules. It is our desire that every member of Central be involved in a 2:42 Small Group.
Everyday Heroes is a fun program for kids from preschool to fifth grade. They learn about heroes from the Bible, participate in crafts and games, and have the opportunity to win prizes through Scripture memory and participation. Meeting time is normally on Sunday evenings.
The Student Body is our youth group event for students in 6th through 12th grades. We normally meet on Sunday evenings at 5:30 pm. We believe in helping our teens grow emotionally, physically, and most importantly, spiritually. Besides a Bible Study, there are many other activities such as worship experiences, bring your friend events, and group game activities.
Our elementary program is a great way for our kids to experience the love of Jesus through fellowship with other children as well as bible stories from our adult leaders. On Sunday mornings children are welcomed & encourgaged to attend Kids Mission Possible during the sunday school & worship times.
With our building located right next door to the University of Arkansas- Fort Smith, we believe God has strategically placed us to minister to an ever-changing University. By reaching out to those in the college, we want to help train and raise the leaders of tomorrow.
Central believes in reaching out to those in our own community by building relationships with organizations throughout the community. As we begin to build upon these relationships we are able to partner with many local groups to provide the help and support they need.
Our local outreach ministries seek to minister to a wide range of people. We reach out to students and families as well as addressing poverty, social justice and at risk students in local schools. Some of our ministries include:
- Wednesday Night Cross Cultural ministry
- Allied Garden, Timberline and Oakbrook Apartment Ministry- Weekly Sunday School type ministry
- Midtown Apartments- ministering to low income retirement center
- Fort Smith Public Schools- Howard, Tillis, Sutton and Morrison (All About Soles), Partners in Education, reading programs and teacher encouragement
- The C.A.L.L.- Foster care family recruitment
- Benevolence Ministry which includes: The Community Rescue Mission, Next Step Day Room, Pregnancy Helps Center, Hannah House and Arkansas Food Bank
- There are a number of other local outreach ministries you can check out as well as many ongoing service projects.
As followers of Christ, we believe that there are groups within the United States that need financial support to help their ministry continue. We understand that the poverty we see on TV is not just in other countries, but in the United States as well. By providing support to these organizations we are able to continue to accomplish the great commission (Matthew 28: 19-20).
- Cookson Hills Childrens Home in Kansas, Oklahoma
- Jonathan and Mary Reese in Puerto Rico
- Ozark Christian College in Joplin, Mo
- Christ on Campus at University of Arkansas
Currently over 42% of the worlds people groups have never even heard of the gospel or know who Jesus Christ is! We feel it is part of our calling as followers of Christ to share his good news and amazing story. That’s why we have partnered up with several organizations around the globe to help us see the Word of God spread to those unreached people groups.
Like our local outreach ministries, our global ministries supports a wide range people. Central supports thirteen global missionaries or mission services. Many of the ministries we support are focused on sharing the gospel and some are support minded while others are focused on bible translation. Some of our ministries include:
- Mustard Seed Global Fellowship in Nagoya and Osaka, Japan
- Sarahfina Children’s Home in Kilifi, Kenya
- Birali Children Care in Mtwap, Kenya
- Good News Productions in Joplin, Mo
- Timothy Pungsar in Myanmar
- Pioneer Bible Translators – Marsha Relyea-Miles, Shelly Tyler in West Africa, Brad and Tammy Harvey in East Africa
- Marty and Candice Emmett with Impact World Tours in New Zealand